New DVDs at the Zzuperstore

News related to the site
Fab
Freelancer

Post by Fab »

Iain wrote:Well it looks like they still own the copyright to Commodore Format as I've just been asked to remove that as well :(
:(

Apparently [edited... and lets not let them find out!] was not affected. maybe Future does not know yet...
LeeT
Director

Post by LeeT »

Fab wrote:
Iain wrote:Well it looks like they still own the copyright to Commodore Format as I've just been asked to remove that as well :(

Apparently [edited as well] was not affected. maybe Future does not know yet...
More possibly they haven't been able to contact PJ Holl (the webmaster) - He disappeared a couple of years ago and reappeared last year with a small update. Since then, nothing. Kind of disappointing when someone sets up a website with potential then leaves it to rot away. :(
Contributor to Def Tribute to ZZAP!
Compilation64 - http://compilation64.zzap64.co.uk/
Crazy about the C64? - www.lemon64.com
Amiga Anguish? - www.lemonamiga.com
Iain
Admin

Big K

Post by Iain »

Well Mort's finished scanning another magazine and this time it's Big K.

The CD of it is now available at the Zzuperstore for a tiny £8.99.

I would also appreciate it if some of you could read my disclaimer / info / bitch on the top of the Zzuperstore page and let me know what you think.

I put it in because I was sick of people (mainly on a certain SNES forum) from claiming Mort has ripping everyone off and living the life of a millionaire on his "ill gotten" proceeds :(
Professor Brian Strain
King of Zzap Towers

Post by Professor Brian Strain »

Don't you just hate it when ill-informed people belittle someone else's hard work... Well done on finishing Big K Mort!
Sixteen Plus
Sub Editor

Re: Big K

Post by Sixteen Plus »

that's terrible news :evil:

whoever the rat in this foum is, a little professional jealousy or sour grapes springs to mind with their snitching, and they should check facts with Mort first before making any ill-allegations.

i can imagine the moaning in their camp whenever another retro snes roms site is closed down, as it's all part of the same retro scene we all share.

i can understand future publishing's decision as they still own the rights, and let's hope that they recognise that there is a market for dvd scans now. in my local gamestation store, they are selling CD copies of of 3000 C64 and speccy games with emulators for £9.99 each for PC so the market is already out there.

if future publishing are concerned about past contributors suing for any compo from their own work to release the scans themselves and the whole project seems economically unviable to them then perhaps they could consider waiving them onto the public domain as a testament on their past success...sad to see it all just disappear.
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Baz wrote:that's terrible news :evil:

whoever the rat in this foum is,
Well it wasn't anyone here. It was in that SNES forum as I said.

As for Future Publishing doing their own one, that's very unlikely as even they don't own the copyright to a lot of the stuff, eg freelancer's work.
Sixteen Plus
Sub Editor

Post by Sixteen Plus »

oops, when i say this forum, i meant it as this snes forum of theirs, not here :oops:
Last edited by Sixteen Plus on Sun Aug 21, 2005 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Understood!

Here's the link to that forum anyway, the thread has been locked. I did try to post on it a week or so to defend Mort etc. ago but I couldn't register at all.

It's rather funny that one of the guys at the end of the thread got his hands on the DVD and writes about how great and worth the money it is. That should have shut a few of them up!!

http://www.rllmukforum.com/index.php?showtopic=95093
retronut
Ken's Fishy Friend

Post by retronut »

:) hi all not been on here to long but did meet mort at the show at the cgeuk and had a talk to him about his dvds and did buy some at the show i think he has done a great job with the scaning and its good that some one has done this.as the paper mag wont last for ever and will be hard to find a full set.there all ways some who wants to ruin things.i say good luck to mort and keep up the good work :D
Mort
Director

Post by Mort »

Cheers Retronut, it was nice talking to you at the show and hope you enjoy the dvd`s you bought , thanks for the positive feedback as it keeps me going :D
Where`s my screwdriver, need to replace another 6581 Sniff
Sixteen Plus
Sub Editor

Post by Sixteen Plus »

well put it this way, i am now looking forward reminiscing through the Commodore Horizon scans before it's too late to...respect to mort :wink:
Roger Frames
Ken's Fishy Friend

Post by Roger Frames »

LeeT wrote:
Fab wrote:

Apparently [edited as well] was not affected. maybe Future does not know yet...
More possibly they haven't been able to contact PJ Holl (the webmaster) - He disappeared a couple of years ago and reappeared last year with a small update. Since then, nothing. Kind of disappointing when someone sets up a website with potential then leaves it to rot away. :(
I don't know what Peter's up to or whether he intends to update his CF website, but it seems that at the moment he's bidding for the last Format issue in ebay. I've been filling gaps in my CF collection as well. Have about 15 more issues to get, most of the last ones actually.
CraigGrannell
King of Zzap Towers

Post by CraigGrannell »

Man, £5.50 for one of the worst C64 magazines printed? Not a bargain...

[EDIT: And by "worst", I'm referring to this particular issue, not CF as a whole, CF fans.]
Roger Frames
Ken's Fishy Friend

Post by Roger Frames »

Probably a collectors thing Craig. And it's at 11 pounds now.
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Well considering the low amount of readership by that issue, it should be the rarest C64 magazine! :)