Rare Early Newsfield Photos

News related to the site
Iain
Admin

Rare Early Newsfield Photos

Post by Iain »

Oliver Frey recently discovered a load of old photos from the early Newsfield days in a disused drawer. Roger sent them to Mort along with some comments and Mort passed them onto me. I got permission from Roger to show them to the world so here they are!

They are really interesting, gives me a feeling of being back there, especially the photos from the Zzap launch dinner and the insider comments from Roger really are the icing on the cake! :)

What was the name of that "hot" chick from Activision receiving the award from Oli in one of the photos?
Lloyd Mangram
King of Ludlow

Post by Lloyd Mangram »

Claire Hirsch (IIRC)

Excellent stuff btw. Wish I had those a year ago for the DEF Tribute, gargll!
Anyway, this topic fits more into the 'staff' part of the board, isn't it?
And important enough to get some decent attention, I'd say spread the word over at other (retro oriented) boards.
Once again I emerge from beneath a massive pile of paper which makes my desk groan to bring you the world’s most amazing posts.
Mayhem
Editor

Post by Mayhem »

You mean Claire Hirsch? And yes, she was very nice ;)
Another visitor... stay awhile... stay forever!
Lloyd Mangram
King of Ludlow

Post by Lloyd Mangram »

Posted this over at yakyak (Liddon already responded, hehe) and retrogamer.
Ah, I see you already tweaked Claire. Good.

Cool stuff Iain, and a big thank you to Roger and Oli.
:D
Once again I emerge from beneath a massive pile of paper which makes my desk groan to bring you the world’s most amazing posts.
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Mr.Zzapback wrote: Excellent stuff btw. Wish I had those a year ago for the DEF Tribute, gargll!
Indeed! It would have been quite a scoup for the mag!
Mr.Zzapback wrote: Anyway, this topic fits more into the 'staff' part of the board, isn't it?
And important enough to get some decent attention, I'd say spread the word over at other (retro oriented) boards.
Possibly, although it is an announcement as well :) I'll probably create a discussion thread for the photo set in the staff area.

They were also a few things sent from the Crash launch, ie original mock ups and cost projections for the mag, all hand written on paper, unfortunately when Zzap's birth came around, they had upgraded to doing all of that stuff on a computer. The Crash stuff is available on Crash Online if anybody is interested. I didn't really want to pollute my site with that Spectrum stuff!! ;-)
Lloyd Mangram
King of Ludlow

Post by Lloyd Mangram »

Talk about polution! You made me click on that Crash Online linky, you subtle, naughty moneymaker! :twisted:
Ian Osborne
Staffer

Post by Ian Osborne »

Roger with facial hair, and Graeme Kidd clean-shaven. That was a long time ago. Dave Western had a better head of hair than I've ever seen on him too :D
Mayhem
Editor

Post by Mayhem »

Btw Yeovil is spelt Veovil in the captions ;)
Another visitor... stay awhile... stay forever!
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Mayhem wrote:Btw Yeovil is spelt Veovil in the captions ;)
Blame the OCR software! For the most part, I was too lazy to type in the comments that I got in image format.

Ta for the publicity Rob and sorry about the ad link under the "online" bit, I have no control over what words are linked (well I do a bit but not stuff that's written in the forums. To make up for it I'll post the actually link to Crash Online for you. :)