Anyone know what's going on?
HEND
Techno Teaboy

Post by HEND »

i would like to know too.. :(
LeeT
Director

Post by LeeT »

Without involving personal feelings, there has been a bit of 'conflict' lately between some members and the mod team. So the site/forum has been taken down whilst a rethink is in progress.

Good news is that it will (hopefully) be back soon!
Contributor to Def Tribute to ZZAP!
Compilation64 - http://compilation64.zzap64.co.uk/
Crazy about the C64? - www.lemon64.com
Amiga Anguish? - www.lemonamiga.com
Sixteen Plus
Sub Editor

Post by Sixteen Plus »

i know the thing you're talking about, in a sense i was there but thankfully was not involved in. i did wonder about this when i tried to log on the main site and read the message. it was a bit daft to see this conflict happen over something that was really nothing at all. hopefully the team has found a way around this now to avoid it happening again, as it's normally a fun and friendly community.
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Very strange, he seems to take some things very personally :( The whole site is down at the moment (ie just the following text is up there)
I'm slowly trying to build things up, in an attempt to get the community in a much better direction. I feel very exhausted and sad, not sure when things are ready. You will find out. Take care everyone.
Professor Brian Strain
King of Zzap Towers

Post by Professor Brian Strain »

Damn, and I wasted my time getting a poor score on Red LED for nothing :(
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Well the site better come back soon :) There's fair too much important info on it, for it to be lost.
gordon
Director

Post by gordon »

Iain wrote:Very strange, he seems to take some things very personally :(
I think he always has taken things quite personally; his moods tend to go up and down with time. I remember a few occasions in the couple of years I spent regularly browsing the forum when he would announce that he was giving it all up, or wanting someone else to take it over.

To be fair to him, I can completely understand why. It can't be easy managing a popular website like that, spending so much time on it, and then getting the odd jerk who criticises it.

What happened to spark all this off this time?
Mayhem
Editor

Post by Mayhem »

What Lee said. Plus some complaints about the IRC channel.
Another visitor... stay awhile... stay forever!
Roger Frames
Ken's Fishy Friend

Post by Roger Frames »

What's with the secrecy though ?
Lloyd Mangram
King of Ludlow

Post by Lloyd Mangram »

There's a thread over at RLLMUK pointing to a 9 page thread about the why's and all that.
Sort it out, no linky, I'm a bit tired at the mo'.
Ta!

Btw, IMHO I always thought Lemon64 (not Kim though) never got out of its puberty. Could be me. Excellent stuff there, just forget the board.
Lack of social skills from nerdy members and a lack of excellent modding if you ask me. Oh well, who am I? :?
Once again I emerge from beneath a massive pile of paper which makes my desk groan to bring you the world’s most amazing posts.
Professor Brian Strain
King of Zzap Towers

Post by Professor Brian Strain »

Actually, I've always felt that Lemon was a better forum than CSDb, simply because there IS some good modding going on at Lemon and nothing at CSDb... Anyway, I hope Lemon comes back because it is an amazing site as well as a good forum.
LeeT
Director

Post by LeeT »

Roger Frames wrote:What's with the secrecy though ?
Theres no secrecy or conspiracy - simply to start going over events again would be a signal for the trouble to start again. Read my earlier post as there is an adequate explanation in it.
Contributor to Def Tribute to ZZAP!
Compilation64 - http://compilation64.zzap64.co.uk/
Crazy about the C64? - www.lemon64.com
Amiga Anguish? - www.lemonamiga.com
CraigGrannell
King of Zzap Towers

Post by CraigGrannell »

Well, I'll personally be extremely sad if Lemon64 is lost for good. There was a wealth of information there, and it was one of the best retro-gaming sites on the web. Plus, from a selfish point of view, it would have been good to grab my reviews (especially the Bionic Granny one, which was a favourite) prior to the site going offline. Oh well.

EDIT: Ah, bless Google's cache. Now, if only I could remember the other stuff I've written for the site...

EDIT 2: Idiot-me-do! Maybe checking to see if the actual site itself was back (which it is!) would have been a good idea (which it was!).
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Great that it's back alright, with the forum too :)