Games that didn't work on my c128

Chat about all the old and new games
Lloyd Mangram
King of Ludlow

Games that didn't work on my c128

Post by Lloyd Mangram »

Hi y'all!
To my huuuuge frustration some games were not running properly on my c128 back in those days.
I remember trying different (cracked :roll: ) versions of Wizball in c64 mode (naturally) but none of them worked, so I had to wait playing it until emulation started rolling! (and 'till retrofever got a hold on me, making me buy a couple of 'real' c64's, since then I played wizball to death)

Not only Wizball didn't work. Commodore's International Basketball also failed big time. I got the loading screen, and it stayed there forever.
A shame really since I really, really loved Commodore's Int. Soccer & Tennis!
My friends with a c64 didn't have any probs with those games, so it was quite frustrating.

Did anyone of you had the same experience as I had, with those or other games?
Or was I the only 'rich' snob with a c128?

Ta!
Rob
Once again I emerge from beneath a massive pile of paper which makes my desk groan to bring you the world’s most amazing posts.
CraigGrannell
King of Zzap Towers

Post by CraigGrannell »

CJ in the USA wouldn't play any sound on a C128, but did on a C64. Shit game anyway...
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

One of the newer cartridge games didn't work on a C128. I can't remember what it was called but it was 3Dish and involved going around in a tank. The word Command was in the title I think...
CraigGrannell
King of Zzap Towers

Post by CraigGrannell »

That'll be Battle Command then.
Slator
Techno Teaboy

Post by Slator »

iain wrote:One of the newer cartridge games didn't work on a C128. I can't remember what it was called but it was 3Dish and involved going around in a tank. The word Command was in the title I think...
Hm, that game works perfectly in my 128-dcr.
Mayhem
Editor

Post by Mayhem »

Curious... I just tried Battle Command in the Vice 128 emulator and it worked fine :?
Another visitor... stay awhile... stay forever!
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Em strange, mine was a stock C128. All other cartridges both old and new have worked. I wonder if one of the lines on the port doesn't work and Tank Command is the only cartridge to use that. The cart works fine on my bro's C64C.
combs
Techno Teaboy

Post by combs »

For those of you who own 128s, have you tried the RGB output? I'd be particularly interested to know if you made a SCART lead for it and got it to output RGB to your TV.
I need CVG magazines!