Micro Adventurer now finalising and then done and dusted

Commodore Format, Your Commodore, Commodore User etc.
Mort
Director

Micro Adventurer now finalising and then done and dusted

Post by Mort »

Just reprofing the dvd making sure there are no missing pages. Will be done later today . This is the complete set of Micro Adventurer that covered the early text/graphic adventures between 1983-1985,covers the 64,spectrum and BBC mainly with a few other machines thrown into the fray. Will include all 17 issues and the Spectrum Adventure book which came free with the subscription.

What other obscure title will I cover soon hmm

:wink:
Where`s my screwdriver, need to replace another 6581 Sniff
Professor Brian Strain
King of Zzap Towers

Post by Professor Brian Strain »

Only the Shadow knows... well, and I do ;)
Ian Osborne
Staffer

Post by Ian Osborne »

Now there's a magazine I had forgotten about. I remember the one with The Prisoner on the cover - great article, but a little self indulgent considering it didn't tie in with computer adventures...
Professor Brian Strain
King of Zzap Towers

Post by Professor Brian Strain »

The Prisoner would make a great atmospheric adventure game, in text or point/click stylee...

...of course, with the remake of the series coming soon, you can bet there will be a first- or third-person action game released by some cynical company. :roll:
dgourlis
Ken's Fishy Friend

Re: Micro Adventurer now finalising and then done and dusted

Post by dgourlis »

I had no idea about the existence of this magazine! When is the DVD coming out?
Plato said, Beware the wrath of the patient man
Fiery Phoenix
Sub Editor

Post by Fiery Phoenix »

Professor Brian Strain wrote:The Prisoner would make a great atmospheric adventure game, in text or point/click stylee...

...of course, with the remake of the series coming soon, you can bet there will be a first- or third-person action game released by some cynical company. :roll:
There was a text based game of The Prisoner, but only on Apple as I recall
Fave Game: Thrust
Fave Music: Ocean Loader (original)

Discuss & view C64 endings here:

http://www.c64endings.co.uk./
Ian Osborne
Staffer

Post by Ian Osborne »

One for the Spectrum too - Number Six in the Village

http://baf.wurb.com/if/game/2636
Fiery Phoenix
Sub Editor

Post by Fiery Phoenix »

Some info on the early Apple game - interesting to see that Sierra bought the rights, I reckon they would have done a pretty good job similar to thier Kings / Police / Space Quest style of games........

* Publisher Edu-Ware Services never actually obtained a license for _"Prisoner, The" (1967)_ from the television series' producers. The company simply called ITC, asked if they had any issues with a Prisoner-themed restaurant, and when ITC said that would be okay, Edu-Ware's management decided they didn't need a license to make a Prisoner-inspired game.

* The game was remade as "Prisoner 2" in 1981 to take advantage of the Apple II's "hi-res" graphics.

* The rights to the game was eventually purchased by Sierra On-Line, Inc., but they never produced a sequel or remake because they reportedly couldn't find a designer with the right mindset, and original designer David Mullich wasn't willing to move to Oakhurst, California.
Fave Game: Thrust
Fave Music: Ocean Loader (original)

Discuss & view C64 endings here:

http://www.c64endings.co.uk./