Issue 108 - who wants to work on Zzap! #108

Everything else about Zzap
gordon
Director

Issue 108 - who wants to work on Zzap! #108

Post by gordon »

Don't worry :), there's a long deadline for this: people are thinking about 2005 for a final, definitive, last ever issue of Zzap! ...But like the title says: put your names down here if:

a) you want to contribute something to z108 (reviews, features, tips, etc)
b) you don't want to contribute, but have good ideas for what might go in

g.
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Well I want to contribute and put in much more effort than I did for the last issue.
CraigGrannell
King of Zzap Towers

Post by CraigGrannell »

_Probably_ for design and the odd article or two. Oddly (as Gordo knows) I'm actually working on a huge Zzap!64 piece for Pixelsurgeon...
Fiery Phoenix
Sub Editor

Post by Fiery Phoenix »

I would like to contribute - could type out a couple of articles on anything you wish
Lloyd Mangram
King of Ludlow

count me in!

Post by Lloyd Mangram »

Heya fellow zzap aficionados,
waddayathink!? I'm IN!

Although 'all' my hard labour for issue 107 was reduced to a teenyweeny
amount of mumblemumble, (ask for a review of 400 words, and then cut it to about 75 or so, and watch your comments get the 'paul sumner' treatment :), and all that) I'd really love to join the crew and 'create' a zzaptastic mag.

I'm reasonably good in the art/dtp department.
I could draw Ken D. Fishes (I already have some, wanna see 'm?) do some ART, reproduce the exact zzap-look & feel, I could do anything DTP-related really(photoshop/indesign/acrobat) , to get the pressure off others. (So stop crying Graig :wink:)

Cheers!
Last edited by Lloyd Mangram on Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Once again I emerge from beneath a massive pile of paper which makes my desk groan to bring you the world’s most amazing posts.
MaffRignall
Techno Teaboy

Post by MaffRignall »

I'd be well keen to contribute to 108 (even though I'm still in two minds as to whether there should actually be one).

Don't know what I'll do yet; for 107 I did a couple of review comments and the emulator review column, so maybe more of that? I wouldn't mind writing one of the 'character' bits actually - Scorelord, Lloyd, Ken D Fish.... but that's probably true of everyone here :).
Ant
Sub Editor

Post by Ant »

Well, Andy Haywood was demanding a new sketch of his bonce so I guess I'd better sign up. :)

I'm game for almost anything (though my DTP skills are terrible so best to keep me away from that area). I'd love to write up another review or take a shot at jotting down Ol' Whitey's ramblings. Actually an RPG section would be cool.

Of course, if you're looking for a hand with the art my pencil is yours to command.
"Isn't this where ... we came in?"
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Well I think I've gotta get a reviewers head done for me! Don't suppose you have time to spare now do you? :-p It would make a nice avator for me :))
Andy Haywood
Ken's Fishy Friend

Post by Andy Haywood »

Yeap, I'm DEFINITELY in - if only to show to the world that I no longer have a girls' bob haircut! I'm game for pretty much anything, as long as I still get to do some game reviews as well.
Gazunta
Ken's Fishy Friend

Post by Gazunta »

Red 5, standing by.
C69
Techno Teaboy

The public relations....

Post by C69 »

Just a simple question to ask:

Are you asking the public aswell to help out and contribute to issue 108?

That's all folks!

Beck.
gordon
Director

Re: The public relations....

Post by gordon »

C69 wrote:Are you asking the public aswell to help out and contribute to issue 108?
Sure. Because of practical limitations (number of pages, and existing staff from #107 who might want to contribute again) it won't be possible to select everyone who volunteers, but if a) you can write and b) you have a great idea for a feature, you're welcome to submit it. Everything's open at the moment, so feel free to suggest things.

g.

[edit] -- and, of course, there are things other than writing to be done, in terms of subbing, design and layout (Craig's department), or even writing letters to #108's Zzap!Rrap section.
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

It's going to take some convincing to get Lloyd to front the letters page again. He wasn't too happy about being in the public's eye last time was he? :(
C69
Techno Teaboy

Here is a very few ideas...

Post by C69 »

I can help out by finding out anything new for the commodore, that I have found a few so far...which could be interesting. I am still using my fishing net and on the hunt...

A full tech page of a few pages would be helpful and useful, a big tasteless tablet for the C64, which should knock Pfizers out of the boxing ring! Well, soon many of them won't be working... :cry:

And of course why not compare all types of commodore hardware like c16 etc...I know it is very strictly whip lashing 64 only, but at the end of the review, we could plain sailing say that the C64 wins!

There are companies still producing C64 games, which will also help boost a few extra pages on the next issue.

Beck. :idea:
gordon
Director

Post by gordon »

iain wrote:It's going to take some convincing to get Lloyd to front the letters page again. He wasn't too happy about being in the public's eye last time was he? :(
I'm sure we can persuade him, either with the carrot of some hand-selected Samuel Gawith pipe tobacco, or the stick of revealing all about his "special" relationship with his dog, Lassie.

g.