Newbie needs help . . .

Chat about all the old and new games
cm
Techno Teaboy

Newbie needs help . . .

Post by cm »

Hello All-

Hope everyone is well. I am very much a newbie to C64 emulation. I was amazed when I first discovered the web site. I so vividly remember playing many of these games when I was (much) younger.

I am having a bit of trouble with functionality and I am hoping one of the more knowledgeable individuals here can help: When trying to play some of the games, (specifically Bards Tale and Seven Cities of Gold) the emulator asks for a Character Disk / Map Disk respectively. I cannot understand how to go past this point. Can someone please instruct me as to how to load another disk from within the game?

Thank you in advance to anyone who will help this lowly newbie. I appreciate your time.

Thanks!
Fab
Freelancer

Post by Fab »

Which emulator?

With VICE, under menu File, there is "Attach disk image". Click on it and you will be asked to choose a D64 file. Choosing one is like replacing the disk in the drive with the disk you chose
cm
Techno Teaboy

Post by cm »

Hi. I am using VICE. I found the attach disk image option under file. But in Bards Tale 3, it asks for a character disk. (Disk where progress and character stats are saved.) Is there a way to create this "disk" and put it in the directory so that I can select it?

Thanks!
Mayhem
Editor

Post by Mayhem »

One of the disks in the zip you downloaded is the character disk. Just single click on each one, and look at the header information in the window below: it should say CHARACTER for the right one.
Another visitor... stay awhile... stay forever!