Lemon 64 server off-line

Everything else C64 related
humorguy
Techno Teaboy

Lemon 64 server off-line

Post by humorguy »

Trying to get to Lemon64 and no server - gulp! Noticed in the websearch that it happened last in 2003, so a rare thing....Hope it's not bad news!
andy vaisey
Director

Post by andy vaisey »

It's back! Lemon's hosts are moving servers (or something) so some strange things are happening...
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Lemon sometimes seems like a $5 whore's knickers.. :-D
andy vaisey
Director

Post by andy vaisey »

:lol:

I think $5 is probably generous... :wink:
Fiery Phoenix
Sub Editor

Post by Fiery Phoenix »

Currently down again. Was off all yesterday since I first tried around 5pm and still this morning
Fave Game: Thrust
Fave Music: Ocean Loader (original)

Discuss & view C64 endings here:

http://www.c64endings.co.uk./
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Down for me here as well.

I sometimes worry about Lemon going off-line permanently and all that data being lost, but I assume he backs up often enough and other people who gladly take over the site (as they did before I think...)

let's hope it pops up again soon!
andy vaisey
Director

Post by andy vaisey »

I'm currently in talk with Kim about hosting the Compilation64 site (since 5Gigs sucks big time) and he has been less than flattering about the guys who run the hosting. According to Kim, upon request they take forever to do *anything*. Therefore, the server probably went down yesterday and they took a while before they could be bothered to get off their rear ends and reboot the server. ;)
Iain wrote:I sometimes worry about Lemon going off-line permanently and all that data being lost, but I assume he backs up often enough and other people who gladly take over the site (as they did before I think...)
Don't say things like that. I come over all funny at the thought of no Lemon or forum. ;)

Still, perhaps visitage (I just made that word up and like it...) here would improve?