Epson printer fixer

Everything else not related to emulation
Mort
Director

Epson printer fixer

Post by Mort »

Just found a program which fixes "dead" epson printers, after x amount of uses the epsons have a built in couter which says the printer has failed and will need repair or replacing on the monitor on windows, 99% of the time it is fine and just a ruse to make you buy a new machine GGGGRRRRR, I feel sorry for bods who give it to a epson repair centre and get fleeced with a repair bill which is none other than a program to reset the printed page counter!

Obviously I cannot vouch the program is virus free as it is from Russian website (obviously not on epsons Customer site as it would save customers money! but have heard of other users who have applied it and fixed their faulty units and it is used by epson authorised repair centres via the trade/internal site .May save money at work if you use epson printers there also.

Link is below if you need it

http://www.ssclg.com/epsone.shtml

ps this post is also at http://www.worldofspectrum.org/forums/v ... orum=14&10
Where`s my screwdriver, need to replace another 6581 Sniff
andy vaisey
Director

Post by andy vaisey »

Well, I'm running an old Epson 860 which I don't think has such a thing (crosses fingers) and is still running fine...

...but, the same printer, as well as an 850, has got all clogged up in work - certain colours won't print and the head cleaning program doesn't fix the problem.

Anyone know how to clean an Epson printer head??
devil_121
Techno Teaboy

Try printer manual

Post by devil_121 »

Hey Andy. Many of the answers for this can be found in your Epson printer manual however assuming that your printer is correctly set up on your system as the default printer utilizing the latest printer driver and you have selected the correct paper size such as A4 (many software packages default to LETTER which sometimes throws the printer into a spin (Also check orientation, printable area etc) then having discounted all of the print head nozzles may be clogged.
Mort
Director

Post by Mort »

Just a quick update, the C44 that the epson software pronounced dead is still working happily 18 months on ;-)
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Kinda weird the way they do that.

I thought the printers were sold at a near loss (especially the low end ones) and the money was made on the ink. The latter is definitely true, but is the former true with Epson?

Maybe they couldn't be arsed selling ink for old printers so they cull them instead?

Lets hope they don't move into the retirement homes business!! :-D
Mort
Director

Post by Mort »

Iain I thing all they did was put a counter on that could be reset at a dealers when the customer was away with software and then pronounce the c44 et all fixed and charge the customer more than the original cost of the printer for the "repair" ahem :evil:
andy vaisey
Director

Post by andy vaisey »

I got the 860 in work, that I mentioned above, working after about 25 cleaning cycles (the school pays for the ink... ;) )! It is now happily churning out prints in the mini network I set up in our school nursery.

The 850 has been scrapped. It was just knackered after serving our ICT suite for a few years.