wizball remake coming shortly

Chat about all the old and new games
gordon
Director

Post by gordon »

It's a laugh a minute. Honest. Or a laugh an hour, at least.

Interesting point about Wizball. It could make a nice XBox Live download; maybe with a few mini-games attached... Or maybe Nintendo could snap up some of the rights to some old C64 games and resurrect them on the Wii. Great Giana Sisters, maybe? :)

[edit] Nice avatar, by the way. I may steal it one day and claim it as my own.
Sixteen Plus
Sub Editor

Post by Sixteen Plus »

gordon wrote:Nice avatar, by the way. I may steal it one day and claim it as my own.
lol thanks. i guessed you'd like that one. if you want it for here although your present one is fine, it's yours as it suits you better than it does me anyway. i can easily change mine. but help yourself to it for where-ever anyway :lol:
smila
Freelancer

Post by smila »

i think wizball has some ownership issues. always seems to happen to the best games.
got created the sid chip so hubbard could make music
andy vaisey
Director

Post by andy vaisey »

smila wrote:i think wizball has some ownership issues. always seems to happen to the best games.
Indeed. Good job there are many people like yourself who do things for the love of it as opposed to making a quick buck or two...
Lloyd Mangram
King of Ludlow

Post by Lloyd Mangram »

I think Smila means they're having difficulties releasing their re-make due to ownership 'issues', in that case with Jon Hare & co? (I cannot imagine this, but you never know)
Or (also) music-wise?
Once again I emerge from beneath a massive pile of paper which makes my desk groan to bring you the world’s most amazing posts.
Fab
Freelancer

Post by Fab »

Baz wrote: erm, swaying off-topic here...still haven't finished reading your novel yet Gordo, i can't recall the name
erm, keeping posting off-topic... you mean The Apprentice?

And when is the next novel going to be finished? And published? And read by us?
gordon
Director

Post by gordon »

I've written three since The Apprentice. I'm writing a fourth right now.

None published so far; who knows about this current one?

Probably never. :)
Sixteen Plus
Sub Editor

Post by Sixteen Plus »

still off-topic but yeah that's the one, kind of pythonesque as i remember. i'll have to finish it one day :lol:
Ian Osborne
Staffer

Post by Ian Osborne »

gordon wrote:I've written three since The Apprentice. I'm writing a fourth right now.

None published so far; who knows about this current one?

Probably never. :)
It must be really frustrating writing a novel and not seeing it in print. Ever considered self-publishing? Get a couple of hundred printed, and selling them through your website? We'd all buy one - The Apprentice was excellent!

You might want to talk to Roger Kean too - he's publishing books these days.
gordon
Director

Post by gordon »

Ian Osborne wrote:It must be really frustrating writing a novel and not seeing it in print.
I have several four-letter alternatives for 'frustrating'.
Ever considered self-publishing? Get a couple of hundred printed, and selling them through your website? We'd all buy one - The Apprentice was excellent!
Maybe. I'm still stuck in the old author-agent-publisher Bermuda triangle at the minute.
Professor Brian Strain
King of Zzap Towers

Post by Professor Brian Strain »

Mr.Zzapback wrote:I think Smila means they're having difficulties releasing their re-make due to ownership 'issues', in that case with Jon Hare & co? (I cannot imagine this, but you never know)
Or (also) music-wise?
Eh? I didn't think there was any problem with releasing the remake..

The original gets complicated, because Ocean acted as the publisher and then created the NES version without Sensible's involvement... The rights to many of Ocean's games are tied up in the bloated corporate corpse that is Infogrames Atari. It's still breathing through habit rather than any hopeful signs of life....
smila
Freelancer

Post by smila »

Professor Brian Strain wrote:
Mr.Zzapback wrote:I think Smila means they're having difficulties releasing their re-make due to ownership 'issues', in that case with Jon Hare & co? (I cannot imagine this, but you never know)
Or (also) music-wise?
Eh? I didn't think there was any problem with releasing the remake..

The original gets complicated, because Ocean acted as the publisher and then created the NES version without Sensible's involvement... The rights to many of Ocean's games are tied up in the bloated corporate corpse that is Infogrames Atari. It's still breathing through habit rather than any hopeful signs of life....
yeah thats what i meant.
Lloyd Mangram
King of Ludlow

Post by Lloyd Mangram »

Ah, sorry for the misunderstanding.

Btw, Gordon, I still haven't finished "Damned If You Do", It got a bit weird at a certain point and forgot to pick it up later. I'll give it another try.
But then, you know, I'm Dutch. :wink:
Once again I emerge from beneath a massive pile of paper which makes my desk groan to bring you the world’s most amazing posts.
andy vaisey
Director

Post by andy vaisey »

Professor Brian Strain wrote:The rights to many of Ocean's games are tied up in the bloated corporate corpse that is Infogrames Atari. It's still breathing through habit rather than any hopeful signs of life....
Hmmmm....

Games industry going (gone) the same way as the film industry in Hollywood did all those years ago?

Small independents struggling to survive, genuine creativity stifled by big corporations and the bottom line and saleability, etc.

And those are not rose tinted specs... :x
smila
Freelancer

Post by smila »

all being well it should be released tnite.
soon as we have it uploaded i'll plonk the link in here :D