Magazine Binders

Commodore Format, Your Commodore, Commodore User etc.
Iain
Admin

Magazine Binders

Post by Iain »

I got myself a set of 3 Retro Gamer binders a couple of weeks ago to house my older RG collection and just yesterday I got a big bookshelf that has space for binders, so a home for the above and all my Zzaps but I want more binders for the other magazines sets I have, e.g. Your Commodore and Commodore Format.

It seems like there's almost no chance of getting original ones of them so I've had a bit of a look around to find out about generic binders

e.g.

Ryman generic

and

Custom ones

I was thinking of getting generic ones and just print out the mag logos for them, but then I saw a bit about gold lettering on the latter link.. :)

What does everybody else do for binders when they don't have originals? Leave the mags in a pile or use generic?

[better get back to work now!... :-D]
Professor Brian Strain
King of Zzap Towers

Post by Professor Brian Strain »

I have been using the plastic magazine racks you can find in most stationery stores. Or a big cardboard box.
Ian Osborne
Staffer

Post by Ian Osborne »

To be honest, I'd use banker's boxes rather than binders. The magazines tend to fall to pieces when in a binder, especially if you read them a lot.
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Ian Osborne wrote:The magazines tend to fall to pieces when in a binder, especially if you read them a lot.
:-[ ] Really? I would have thought the main purpose of binders is to keep the magazines in good shape and to make browsing through issues easier :)

Iain
Ian Osborne
Staffer

Post by Ian Osborne »

Not if the state of the magazines in the Zzap! office was anything to go by. By the time I joined the magazine, they were ragged.
andy vaisey
Director

Post by andy vaisey »

Iain wrote:
Ian Osborne wrote:The magazines tend to fall to pieces when in a binder, especially if you read them a lot.
:-[ ] Really? I would have thought the main purpose of binders is to keep the magazines in good shape and to make browsing through issues easier :)
I was always under the impression that binders were sold to make money. Maybe that's the cynic in me... ;)