US Gold Calendar Stars

Everything else about Zzap
Iain
Admin

US Gold Calendar Stars

Post by Iain »

In the Jan (and July) 1986 issues, a calendar was printed with space for US Gold sticker stars to place on the calendar. These were meant to be given away with Zzap every month (during 1986) and others could be gotten by buying US Gold games.

Did the respective Zzap issues actually come with these stars? None of my second hand issue have any.

Example of first part of calendar

Example of second part of calendar

My copy of issue 9 does have one star sticker stuck on the calendar but Mort's scan above doesn't.
andy vaisey
Director

Post by andy vaisey »

I remember them with games, but not with ZZAP!
Mayhem
Editor

Post by Mayhem »

They were near the front of the following issues... see issue #10 page 9 for example.

(btw IS there a proper link to take me to the scans somewhere?)
Another visitor... stay awhile... stay forever!
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

http://www.zzap64.co.uk/cgi-bin/display ... azine=zzap

I see, they weren't stickers with Zzap, you had to just cut them out and paste them on yourself! Nice to know I'm not missing those bits of issues.

Mayhem, how do you mean a proper link? You can get to the issue scans by going to the front page of the site and clicking on the scans tab and selecting issues there...
Mayhem
Editor

Post by Mayhem »

Ah blimey... I didn't realise the header was a clickable link to swap between the two. Right, gotcha now ;)
Professor Brian Strain
King of Zzap Towers

Post by Professor Brian Strain »

andy vaisey wrote:I remember them with games, but not with ZZAP!
Me too. When I picked up Psi-5 Trading Company secondhand, someone had stuck the sticker onto the instruction sheet...
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Mayhem wrote:Ah blimey... I didn't realise the header was a clickable link to swap between the two. Right, gotcha now ;)
And how long have you been coming to this site? ;-)

Guess I need to make it clearer that the scan tab is clickable. Anybody else confused by it at first?
andy vaisey
Director

Post by andy vaisey »

Iain wrote:
Mayhem wrote:Ah blimey... I didn't realise the header was a clickable link to swap between the two. Right, gotcha now ;)
And how long have you been coming to this site? ;-)
Guess I need to make it clearer that the scan tab is clickable. Anybody else confused by it at first?
I understood that you could select scans or HTML versions, but the colurs always confused me and still do. Greyed out text suggests to me a link I've already visited not a possible selectable link.
Mayhem
Editor

Post by Mayhem »

I generally just come straight to the forum and hardly ever see the main site ;)
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

andy vaisey wrote: I understood that you could select scans or HTML versions, but the colours always confused me and still do. Greyed out text suggests to me a link I've already visited not a possible selectable link.
True, I guess I was trying to show that there was another option there, but the white text tells you what tab you are currently one. Bear in mind that all that "design" was done before I read Craig's rather good "Web Designer's Reference" book :)
mayhem wrote: I generally just come straight to the forum and hardly ever see the main site
You and me and a lot of other people I'd say. Not doing much updating on the site would explain most of that I think :)