Zzap Mint Issue 1 on eBay

Everything else about Zzap
Iain
Admin

Zzap Mint Issue 1 on eBay

Post by Iain »

Finished Auction

Saw this a couple of days ago. Thought it would be nice to get a real nice copy of issue 1 since mine isn't the best. Even went a bit crazy at the end of the auction and bid a max of £40.50, but alas (or maybe a blessing in disguise!!) it went for £41.50.

I hope for the buyer that the description turns out to be true, how mint can something 22 :-o years old be...
CraigGrannell
King of Zzap Towers

Re: Zzap Mint Issue 1 on eBay

Post by CraigGrannell »

Iain wrote:I hope for the buyer that the description turns out to be true, how mint can something 22 :-o years old be...
You'd be surprised. I bought about 800 issues of 2000 AD recently, and many of the 1970s issues look like they've been read once or twice and that's it.
andy vaisey
Director

Post by andy vaisey »

Iain wrote:I hope for the buyer that the description turns out to be true, how mint can something 22 :-o years old be...
My cynical side says that this crease-less, "perfect" ZZAP! will probably be folded in transit by the postie... :wink:
Lloyd Mangram
King of Ludlow

Post by Lloyd Mangram »

Mort tried to get away with it, bidding a mere 11 quid. He-he. :D

Wonder if this one will be going for +1. :wink:
Once again I emerge from beneath a massive pile of paper which makes my desk groan to bring you the world’s most amazing posts.
Mort
Director

Post by Mort »

Sometimes you can get away with a sneaky low bid, and could do with a better condition issue 1 to rescan :-)

Maybe next time eh :-)
Where`s my screwdriver, need to replace another 6581 Sniff
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

andy vaisey wrote: My cynical side says that this crease-less, "perfect" ZZAP! will probably be folded in transit by the postie... :wink:
That thought definitely crossed my mind when bidding! If I won I was going to ask the seller to make sure it's wrapped in lots of thick cardboard!
Nightfaery
Ken's Fishy Friend

Post by Nightfaery »

I'm 22 years old, is that an implication? :wink:

But seriously I have some old Zzap! mags in me room and I'll have a lookie at the date etc. Since we got our Commodore in '89 they'll be 90s mags but still. If I remember though I think we have an uber old one. Though I'd never sell them because they're so much fun to read again, and since I still play my Commodores (incl. Amiga) I like to read them to see if the game is actually any good.
paulyholly
Techno Teaboy

Post by paulyholly »

just flicking thro the site & decided to join as it was myself that sold that MINT Zzap issue 1.
It was a truly SPECTACULAR copy - only bettered by the as new copy i currently hold!! im a bit of a saddo inthat I am trying for the perfect collection, so I buy and sell a lot of zzap thro ebay
I bought this one in a bulk sale of 30mags - paid £40 for them all - dont think the seller realised what they had!! - I hung onto this for a while until I paid £35 for an even better copy.
so there you go!
paulyholly
andy vaisey
Director

Post by andy vaisey »

Good to hear the story!
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

paulyholly wrote: im a bit of a saddo inthat I am trying for the perfect collection, so I buy and sell a lot of zzap thro ebay
I'm on the edge of that myself, but it could be a never ending quest. How do you know you have the complete collection. You could be missing an insert from the Home Computer Club in issue 60 for example. Could drive a man insane. x-)
Nightfaery
Ken's Fishy Friend

Post by Nightfaery »

Who did the artwork for issue one? Was it Frey?
Ian Osborne
Staffer

Post by Ian Osborne »

Nightfaery wrote:Who did the artwork for issue one? Was it Frey?
Yup - all custom artwork was Oli Frey.
paulyholly
Techno Teaboy

zzap issue 1

Post by paulyholly »

with the bundle of zzaps i got - i came across the first preview issue of LM newsfield ill fated mag (onlylasted 4 issues) but cant remember which zzap this came free with - think xmas 1987 - does anyone know?
paulyholly
LeeT
Director

Re: zzap issue 1

Post by LeeT »

paulyholly wrote:with the bundle of zzaps i got - i came across the first preview issue of LM newsfield ill fated mag (onlylasted 4 issues) but cant remember which zzap this came free with - think xmas 1987 - does anyone know?
Thats right, it was also given away with CRASH and AMTIX!
I would have loved to have seen the proofs for Issue Five of LM as it was (apparently) completed before they decided to axe the title.
Contributor to Def Tribute to ZZAP!
Compilation64 - http://compilation64.zzap64.co.uk/
Crazy about the C64? - www.lemon64.com
Amiga Anguish? - www.lemonamiga.com
Mayhem
Editor

Post by Mayhem »

My one went walkies and I had to eventually get another after a long time searching (the preview issue). I would still love to get the four issues of LM but no luck yet...
Another visitor... stay awhile... stay forever!