Signing off from the land of fire and ice...

Everything else not related to emulation
CraigGrannell
King of Zzap Towers

Signing off from the land of fire and ice...

Post by CraigGrannell »

Boxes are being packed, and shippers have been booked. In less than a week I'll be in sunny Hampshire once again. Eek. Until then, play nice! ;)
Mayhem
Editor

Post by Mayhem »

I heard you mention this over on the Lemon board... what's the reason for returning to the land of curry and lager? :wink:
Another visitor... stay awhile... stay forever!
CraigGrannell
King of Zzap Towers

Post by CraigGrannell »

Of course, ironically, we actually found a decent curry house here in Reykjavik a week or so ago... Oh well... As for the reason for moving - change of scenery and better prospects, basically. It'll be for a while, but by no means permanent - we may well come back here in the future (or simply do a Damon and buy a flat here when we're rich and famous!) :)
Lloyd Mangram
King of Ludlow

Post by Lloyd Mangram »

Hi Craig,
welcome to the staff! :wink:
We have a really nice team now.
Btw, for future move-experimentations: try Holland. 8)

Ta!
Rob
Once again I emerge from beneath a massive pile of paper which makes my desk groan to bring you the world’s most amazing posts.
Matt
Freelancer

Post by Matt »

how long have you been living in Iceland then?
CraigGrannell
King of Zzap Towers

Post by CraigGrannell »

I've been here for about one-and-a-half years. We leave on Saturday. All our stuff went today, shrink-wrapped on four palettes (and costing a pretty penny to send, too).

As for Holland, I don't think we'll be moving overseas again for a _very_ long time - it's so much work! Current plan is to get very rich and just buy a furnished house in the favoured country/countries! ;)
Matt
Freelancer

Post by Matt »

CraigGrannell wrote:...Current plan is to get very rich...
damn... why did I never thought of that 8)
CraigGrannell
King of Zzap Towers

Post by CraigGrannell »

Well, we made it (although our stuff didn't as yet - ho hum). I won't be posting here much, though, as I'm currently using my dad's 56k dial-up, which is pretty awful after having ADSL. No-one seems to be able to say whether the new flat can get broadband, but I hope so! If so, I'll be frequenting this place again in a couple of weeks. (And, blimey, it's a bit warm here, innit?) :D
Mayhem
Editor

Post by Mayhem »

Welcome back ;)

Best change the location tag :P
Another visitor... stay awhile... stay forever!
Mort
Director

Post by Mort »

Yep, a warm welcome back Craig (should have been here a couple of weeks ago 38 degrees :wink: ) . Hope you are settling in ok and I`ll speak 2 the other Bt minions if need be about your Broadbank connect (if you decided to use us) :wink:
Where`s my screwdriver, need to replace another 6581 Sniff
CraigGrannell
King of Zzap Towers

Post by CraigGrannell »

Well, I would use BT, but we're only likely to be here (in this place) for six months, before getting a house. As far as I'm aware, BT has a one-year minimum contract for broadband, so that's a no-go for me. (If I'm wrong about this, let me know!)

As for the location - good point - I'll sort that when I get the chance!
gordon
Director

Post by gordon »

Just caught up with this thread, having been away and all... Anyway, welcome back, and may you get broadband as soon as humanly possible. 56K stinks. I should know.

Oh, and I've heard Canada's nice. If I wasn't so old and didn't have family here I'd be going there myself. Big houses, lots of water, plenty of space, and they're nice to kids... Just like Holland, but above sea level, BJ. ;)

g.
PaulEMoz
Staffer

Post by PaulEMoz »

gordon wrote:Just caught up with this thread, having been away and all... Anyway, welcome back, and may you get broadband as soon as humanly possible. 56K stinks. I should know.

Oh, and I've heard Canada's nice. If I wasn't so old and didn't have family here I'd be going there myself. Big houses, lots of water, plenty of space, and they're nice to kids... Just like Holland, but above sea level, BJ. ;)

g.
Canada's not that far from me. Oh, the difference a few miles can make.... :lol:
Actually, it's not THAT bad....I could go off on a tangent and whinge about all kinds of things that aren't as good as in England, but I won't. The roads are much worse though....everyone drives around, literally, as though they are the only car on the road. That's fine if you grew up playing Turbo in the arcades (which, fortunately, I did), but for anyone else, tough!
They Were Our Gods - a website charting my progress on an upcoming book of the same name, about the UK gaming scene in the 1980s.