ZZap!64 scans up on torrents!

Everything else about Zzap
gizmomelb
Ken's Fishy Friend

ZZap!64 scans up on torrents!

Post by gizmomelb »

Hi Mort,

just letting you know that there appears to be a set of your scans (converted to PDF) up on Pirate Bay and it's also been posted on usenet.

Check here for info - http://www.lemon64.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28122

Does the releaser (it appears to be GKlinger) have permission to use your scans? It would appear he's going to 'release' the rest of early 80's Commodore related magazine scans.

First off he released the entire set of Compute's Gazette and RUN magazine (it was even OCRed!) which was nice, but if he's releasing your work for free without your permission then that's not so nice.

Regards,
Gizmomelb
Lloyd Mangram
King of Ludlow

Post by Lloyd Mangram »

Well, that's "the Pirate Bay" for you.
It's not exactly called "the really friendly helpful guys doing all kinds of friendly, legal things bay" innit?

I wouldn't bother discussing this with these 'naughty boys', because reasoning about morals on the web in the 21st century sucks all life and hope for humanity out of you in no time. You're warned.

Ooh, I'm so sensitive these days.

Anyway, I hope Mort doesn't give a monkey, and continues to do whatever he's happy with doing. Whatever that is.
Eh. Aye, what are you doing at the moment Mort? :)
Once again I emerge from beneath a massive pile of paper which makes my desk groan to bring you the world’s most amazing posts.
gklinger
Techno Teaboy

Post by gklinger »

Just thought I would comment since I'm the gklinger being discussed. I neither scanned nor uploaded existing scans of ZZap64 to Usenet or created a torrent so if anyone has a problem with it they need to take it up with someone else.
Call me Golan; my parents did.
Mort
Director

Post by Mort »

Hi Guys,
Well at least people will be able to read the scans, they won`t get the full version as it has extras etc which hopefully won`t be on the torrent as I have been updating the dvd slowly over the last 5 years (nothing drastic just the odd extra as I found it)l. Currently working on Amiga mags and uploaded a shedload to the amiga magazine rack which are free to read and will obviously do a dvd to cover my time and expense (ie new a3 as most of the miggy mags are the widescreen variety).

Anyhow all the best and Rob, Darren from the trip says Hi and enjoyed the tour round Rotterdam :-)
Where`s my screwdriver, need to replace another 6581 Sniff