A Hello, and a question about joysticks

Everything else about Zzap
Rags
Techno Teaboy

A Hello, and a question about joysticks

Post by Rags »

Hi all,
Nice site :)
I probly started buying zzap in about 85/86. left em behind at my old gaff. oh well.
I been havign fun playing emulated c64 games.
But, I'm using a saitek joystick... not very suitable for waggle games like decathlon ect. I used to luv those old atari 2600 joysticks for that(If u can handle the blisters).
Anyone have any ideas if theres any similar usb joysticks for the pc?

Cheers, Russ.

P.s. Wanna thank them guys at Zzap, coz once I entered one of thier competitions and I won a game! 'Firefly'.
is something profound supposed to go here?
Fiery Phoenix
Sub Editor

Post by Fiery Phoenix »

I have a Comptetion Pro with USB connection, picked it up online for about £10 - great for playing emulated games in Vice, but prefer my joypad for arcade emulation in MAME
Fave Game: Thrust
Fave Music: Ocean Loader (original)

Discuss & view C64 endings here:

http://www.c64endings.co.uk./
Auntie Slag
Techno Teaboy

Post by Auntie Slag »

I could never get the hang of Firefly. Loved the artwork on the box (or rather the plastic twin-cassette holding case), but the game made little sense to my tiny mind. :?
Sixteen Plus
Sub Editor

Post by Sixteen Plus »

I use my Xbox controller plugged into an "Xbox - Super Joy Box 10" USB PC adaptor I picked up from Ebay for C64 games and MAME. It's my favourite controller of all time :)
relentless
Ken's Fishy Friend

Post by relentless »

Or, if you really want to use your old joystick from the 80s you could buy an adapter that will allow you to use an original on your PC-

http://www.atariage.com/store/index.php ... cts_id=267

Expensive though.

I used to be into emulators, but I realised nothing can match the original. I will use the real thing until my 64 dies. It'll be a sad day.