Zzap! Magazine Scans on Ebay

Everything else about Zzap
StarshipUK
Techno Teaboy

Zzap! Magazine Scans on Ebay

Post by StarshipUK »

I have just had this come through on my daily Ebay searches:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Commodore-64-ZZAP-M ... 1|294%3A50

I am guessing this is the same as the one in the shop here. Should they be selling this?
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Possibly is but it seems he has at least converted them to PDF, well a PDF of images I assume, not searchable or anything...
stulec52
Techno Teaboy

Re-Sale

Post by stulec52 »

I was going to start a new thread, but the question is very similar to this one, so I hope you don't mind me joining in here.

I recently found, bid and won a DVD disk that has a cover the exact same as the Mort on on the website Zzap64 scans. (ebay.CA)
It looks like someone has just dumped all the files from the CDs to one DVD, unless you can buy them on a DVD?? no label on the disk though.

Everything looks and works ok, and I was happy with the price, I just did not know it was available direct before I bid on this one.

SO, I was wondering, do you guys frown upon someone re-selling this?
Does it matter?
for me it brought me to this site, which will result in another sale for you as I'm going to order the Crash set as well.

be interested to hear any thoughts on this.

thanks
Stu
Mort
Director

Post by Mort »

Hi Stu,
Might be a dvd a I sold to the seller in the past and he has got the complete paper set and no longer needs it , or thinks they may be (Rare). I have no problem with people selling on the dvds when they no longer need them, I do have a problem when they bootleg them grrr and do nothing more that just copy the dvds and sell them on (there are a few on ebay always) as the money does go back into more mags for more people, I don`t even mind torrents or the scans being used on the web on websites etc as I donate to most of the major mag repositories like Retromag, AMiga Magazine Rack and World of spectrum. Just ebay ggrrr

:wink:
Where`s my screwdriver, need to replace another 6581 Sniff
stulec52
Techno Teaboy

Post by stulec52 »

Awesome, thanks Mort.

I'm currently trying, unsucessfully, to set it up so I can view all the pages on my PSP.
Any tips on how to convert/resize/ generally change them to be easy to view on the PSP would be awesome.
Mort
Director

Post by Mort »

HI Stu, if you have the resolution the psp needs use a program called irfanview which can batch convert all the files to that size and keep the aspect ratio as near as possible,

Easily the best free programme for scanning /converting and viewing (I use to creat the files myself and resize ).

:wink:
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Interesting. It seems that laptops_shop_uk is no longer a registered user on fleaBay. Guess eBay did something about it at last.

Wonder what username he is operating under now? ;-)
Mort
Director

Post by Mort »

Still on there under a different name and another person selling them for the good of the community (he says) although they are free to download.

another report methinks
Fredrik
Techno Teaboy

Post by Fredrik »

Mort
Director

Post by Mort »

yep Fredrick, all we can do is report it , and report it, and report it. THen he restarts under a different name.......... :evil:
Lloyd Mangram
King of Ludlow

Post by Lloyd Mangram »

One day the Scorelord will find out...
Once again I emerge from beneath a massive pile of paper which makes my desk groan to bring you the world’s most amazing posts.
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

It seems like eBay doesn't care too much about this sort of thing, once they get their fees.

Surely they can link banned accounts with new accounts. Some of the details have to be the same, e.g. Paypal email, address etc.
gizmomelb
Ken's Fishy Friend

Post by gizmomelb »

unfortunately there's one of these rip off scammers at work down under here in Australia as well.

http://shop.ebay.com.au/fpap1/m.html?_n ... rom=&_ipg=

he's not only making a buck from Mort's hard work, but other scanners as well.