CU Amiga scans?

Everything else about Zzap
Professor Brian Strain
King of Zzap Towers

Post by Professor Brian Strain »

thirtywinter wrote:Ah.. I see.. So.. hurm.. eh.. I fail to see the point of it. :oops:
Speeding up applications like GEOS.
Programming in a native 16-bit environment.
There are quite a few games patched to run better (for example, Driller - much smoother 3D)
Then there's Metal Dust the utterly awesome shoot 'em up that is SuperCPU only - sampled music and speech, huge numbers of enemies and giant end of level bosses, it rocks.

But as has been said, don't get your hopes up. Actually getting hold of one is difficult.
thirtywinter
Techno Teaboy

Post by thirtywinter »

Well.. yes.... but.. Doesn't that kinda defeat the purpose of retro gaming? I went to youtube to view a video of one of the levels of that metal dust game and yea... it looked neat for an old school shooter. Nice sound and all that.

I guess I'm a purist or something, but it just seems to me that retro gaming on "steroid" equipment wouldn't be quite the same anymore.

Then again, I suppose the argument could be made that projects like metal dust brings the joy of old school gaming with a little bit more of a polish to them so they are more "accessible".

Sorry.. I have a tendency to ramble on sometimes. :oops:
relentless
Ken's Fishy Friend

Post by relentless »

Iain wrote:The bit of new C64 hardware that really excites me is the 1541 Ultimate.

Now that is great. A cartridge that takes SD cards and perfectly emulates a 1541 so you can have the complete C64 collection on a tiny card and load anything up with near 100% success. It also has a few other interesting bits to it as well. Must order one before it's too late!

Truly a great piece of hardware. Single most useful tool ever for a real C64 IMHO :D

The great news is that the designer of the Ultimate says it'll emulate a Super CPU at some stage (and probably a lot of other things nobody has even thought of.)
Mort
Director

Post by Mort »

Hi Thirty Winter,
Record to get to the states was 3 days albeit only just the Us (ie New York) so any orders would take minimum 3 days but maximum about a week as they are posted the same evening or morning they are received.

Have been rebuilding a house so the scanning has slowed up a bit but very nearly done cu amiga, will be a double dvd and a whooping 16,000 pages , for the usual 12.99 anywhere in the world, just checking for cock ups and making the inlay and doing some bonus material (don`t say I don`t spoil you guys).

Now what next ;-)
Where`s my screwdriver, need to replace another 6581 Sniff
retronut
Ken's Fishy Friend

Post by retronut »

looking forword to the cu amiga dvd.all the ones ive had have been 1st class.and the best thing is they dont take up any room
thirtywinter
Techno Teaboy

Post by thirtywinter »

* starts rubbing credit card to warm it up *
thirtywinter
Techno Teaboy

Post by thirtywinter »

Ah! It's out!!

* places order *

HOORAY!!
thirtywinter
Techno Teaboy

Post by thirtywinter »

It came today! Yay! Just spent/wasted 3 hours down memory lane.. THANKS A LOT, SIR!

:wink:

Seriously though.. wow.. the amount of work you put in here is quite staggering. Especially compared to what we pay for this.. it's in fact almost free! wow.. I was not sure what to expect as far as how it would be organized and whatnot, but you did a bang-up job on that as well!

I'll buy you a beer or two if you ever come over here!
retronut
Ken's Fishy Friend

Post by retronut »

got my copy the other day. 1st class service as all the dvds he dos.got a few now. good bit is they dont take up much room.unlike the paper copys
Mort
Director

Post by Mort »

Thanks guys,
The support is appreciated, sadly as always someone is copying the disks and flogging them on ebay, but never mind they have been reported and ebay is looking into it, it takes me 8 months to do the dvd sets and 8 mins to burn for someone else ,bet they don`t have the laser printed inlay and box(barely undercutting me also withe the p&p on a dvd being 2.95!) :evil:

Feel free to report, plus they are selling the denied stuff which as you know can be a bonus :D or available to download on the web. Hope Future does not spot it.

On a happier note working on a 32 bit console set (well 2 at once) which will be on the same dvd , planet with rings round it :-)
retronut
Ken's Fishy Friend

Post by retronut »

have seen a few on ebay at diffent times have reported a few. as seen the post on here so you know there copys some one is selling always seem to be someone wanking to make a quick buck off some one else hard work.any way looking forward to your next set .
gizmomelb
Ken's Fishy Friend

Post by gizmomelb »

Mort wrote:Thanks guys,
The support is appreciated, sadly as always someone is copying the disks and flogging them on ebay, but never mind they have been reported and ebay is looking into it, it takes me 8 months to do the dvd sets and 8 mins to burn for someone else ,bet they don`t have the laser printed inlay and box(barely undercutting me also withe the p&p on a dvd being 2.95!) :evil:

Feel free to report, plus they are selling the denied stuff which as you know can be a bonus :D or available to download on the web. Hope Future does not spot it.

On a happier note working on a 32 bit console set (well 2 at once) which will be on the same dvd , planet with rings round it :-)
you could buy his DVD of scans and use it as a base for that project as he has a lot of issues scanned already (no idea on quality) - but oh the irony!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/COLLECTION-OF-OFF ... 7C294%3A50
Mort
Director

Post by Mort »

Yep , Know the scanner Meepi pretty well from the Mean Machines Archive, so we may join forces later on! He was the guy ripped off on that site providing the Saturn scans.

:-)