Holiday Inn, Kenilworth.

Daytime event with more than 50 computers to play, plus live talks
Evening event with live music, DJ sets and Rob Hubbard talk

https://fusionretroevents.co.uk/2023/03/19/zzap-2023/
Iain
Admin

Re: ZZAP! LIVE 2023

Post by Iain »

Interesting to hear about, but the fact that it's called Zzap! Live, should there not be some Zzap! related things or at least people who worked on Zzap! (bar your fine self of course!) there?
Professor Brian Strain
King of Zzap Towers

Post by Professor Brian Strain »

Iain wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:55 pm Interesting to hear about, but the fact that it's called Zzap! Live, should there not be some Zzap! related things or at least people who worked on Zzap! (bar your fine self of course!) there?
There will be lots of ZZAP related stuff, Including current staff from ZZAP! 64 and ZZAP! AMIGA.

Unfortunately I cannot confirm being there yet due to ongoing health issues (operation next month)
Mayhem
Editor

Post by Mayhem »

Iain wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:55 pm Interesting to hear about, but the fact that it's called Zzap! Live, should there not be some Zzap! related things or at least people who worked on Zzap! (bar your fine self of course!) there?
Jaz is in the US, I don't think Gary L will be interested, and Gary P is... I don't think he's one for crowds any more based on my chats with him. Roger and Oli are sadly no longer with us of course. I'm presuming Robin will be doing his best to attend. Past that, not sure, I have no idea what happened to some of the staff in the "second era" (such as Sean Masterson, Dan Gilbert, Ciaran Brennan etc) so may well be anyone beyond such as Gordon Houghton (who I get the impression isn't one for events either), Phil King, Stuart Wynne, Ian Osborne and so forth.
Another visitor... stay awhile... stay forever!
Mayhem
Editor

Post by Mayhem »

As it turned out, Gary Penn DID attend! And Steve Jarratt sneaked in too and I managed to completely miss him sadly.

Expect a write-up to appear... we are not sure, either issue #16 or the 2024 Annual.
Another visitor... stay awhile... stay forever!
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Great. I watched a video review of it. Seemed like a good bit going on anyway. Definitely popular.