Next Issue of Reset magazine will be Zzap themed

News related to the site
Iain
Admin

Next Issue of Reset magazine will be Zzap themed

Post by Iain »

As the birthday is drawing to a close, I'm happy to be able to announce that the next issue of Reset magazine will be heavily Zzap focused.

A celebration of the 30th Anniversary of Zzap and they'll be including a history of Zzap! as well as having a few guest appearances and interviews etc.

So not a new issue of Zzap but rather close. Reset carries the spirit of Zzap anyway In My Humble Opinion!

It's due out around June sometime!
Unkle K
Techno Teaboy

Re: Next Issue of Reset magazine will be Zzap themed

Post by Unkle K »

Hi everyone,
The next edition of Reset is coming along very well and we have some very exciting Zzap themed stuff planned to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the first issue!! It'll be a nice trip down memory lane, with a heap of Zzap themed content and lots of surprises as well. I'm fairly confident you will all enjoy it!!

Obviously, to make this issue even better, we'd like to have the involvement of as many ex-Zzap staff as possible. If you worked on Zzap and would like to say 'hello!' in the issue, please get in touch at the Reset email address.

Cheers,
Kevin

resetc64@gmail.com
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Here's the image that Ant Stiller did for the Reset cover (as shown on Twitter @AntStiller)
AntSResetMag7Cover.jpg
AntSResetMag7Cover.jpg (59.59 KiB) Viewed 56785 times
Issue is due out this weekend!! :)
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

It's out now!

Hot off the presses, I haven't even downloaded it yet!

http://reset.cbm8bit.com/?dir=issue7
Unkle K
Techno Teaboy

Post by Unkle K »

Reset #07 has been released and is downloadable now. The issue pays tribute to Zzap!64 and features stunning original cover art by Anthony Stiller, paying homage to the Zzap No.1 Elite cover by legendary artist Oliver Frey. Inside there are some special guest appearances from ex-Zzap writers and characters, tribute articles, and a feature article about the C64 version of Elite by Anthony Olver of Elite Archives (C64 Elite also celebrates its 30th anniversary and was reviewed in Zzap No.1). As well as all of this, there are also many of the usual columns returning and game reviews including Ghosts 'n Goblins Arcade and Jam It. The Mix-i-disk contains two brand new and exclusive games: Pixel Pix by Simon Quernhorst and a new SEUCK'er by Alf Yngve called Big Mech Alpha. The disk also includes two full commercial games – Darkness by RGCD/Psytronik, and Phase Out V1.4 by inc-x as well as the winner of the 2015 SEUCK competition, the fully enhanced Abyssonaut by Anthony Stiller. To top things off nicely, Richard Bayliss has contributed the brand new Reset #07 intro, featuring a cool old-school vibe! We hope you enjoy the issue!
http://reset.cbm8bit.com/?dir=issue7

Hope you all enjoy it :-D
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Wife and child have gone out, so I'm settling down to read it now. I have a rather bad man cold, so may have to read it at a later stage to get the most out of it. :-D